Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

A modeling agency wrote me on Instagram last week. They want to take me to the agency. Now they sent me a contract and it says that I have to pay 500 $ membership every year. Now I wanted to ask you, do you think that this is a serious offer? I really do not know about that and would like to model and make jobs as a model!!! THANK YOU!!!

Trainee
    Participant

Hello Emilie! Reputable and big modeling agencies do not want to have any money from you. Good agencies want to earn money with (!) you! They invest in you, your career and in your modeling portfolio with photographers’ test shootings from their network. First, you should always check the seriousness of the modeling agency, etc. on the website. Here you can see which models the agency represents or how professional they are. But you can also take a look in the blog to see some of their customers or which jobs they currently made. As a result, you can look at a few criteria at least, that show whether the agency works well – or not Of course you can also see a lot directly on Instagram. Sure, you can buy likes, but you can see if many people are interacting with the pictures or videos – or not.

A reputable agency always invites you a for an interview, so they can see you live and take your measurements and they get to know you personality. So before you commit to an agency, be sure that they have a GOOD CONTRACT, read it, so you know what you’re getting into. I hope I could help you a bit and wish you a lot of success on your way to become a model Emilie!

Anonymous
    Inactive

OMG!! thanks for the quick reply!!! You do not think it is a good idea with the $ 500 per year by them???

Trainee
    Participant

No. A real small fee like $100 is ok… but this is already high. Again: Good angencies do not take money!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.